Saturday, January 1, 2011

Beginnings

My desire is to nourish my family.  Since getting married in 2008,  I have been on a journey of learning about nourishing foods.  Implementation of new ways of cooking and learning how to keep a house has been overwhelming but it is getting easier.  On this blog, I intend to share how I have formed new habits and learned new ways of doing things to maximize the nutrition my family receives.  


The journey I am on started with a blog, Heavenly HomemakersThen the Lord directed me as I was in a used bookstore in Albany, NY to pick up Nina Planck's book Real Food What To Eat and Why.  That book was a cornerstone of the changes that were to come.  My parents had always been into healthfood stores and alternative medicines which gave me a background open to rejecting modern nutritional advice.  I needed to find my own answers and solutions for my life now that I was married with the responsibility of providing food and making a home for more than just me.


Our decisions about food affect so many parts of our lives and I hope to share the simple solutions I have found useful in my journey to better nourishment.  Also to help other southerners locate sources of whole foods, which I wish I had had when I began searching in the fall of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment