Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Musing 2/27/11

Good afternoon!


I am ready to begin a new month, though I am a bit worried that it will not go as well as this month did.  So I really need to get on with the menu planning and grocery shopping.  My mind is so un-inspired right now but we still have to eat.  The internet is such a great resource so I've been looking around for ideas.


Chicken Marsala has been on my mind lately.  It is a favorite special meal of mine and was one of the entrees at our wedding.  I've never made it but I found a recipe today that looks pretty simple so I may have to put marsala wine on the grocery list tomorrow.  I am planning on going across the river to another town (our small town is a "dry" area) to the Sam's club to stock up on cheese, so I will be able to pick up the wine at a store there.

We'll see how it turns out!  I've got lots of seafood so I am trying to resist the signs for fresh shrimp I keep driving by.  Mmm, I love boiled shrimp and don't even get me started on crawfish!  I picked up a lb of frozen crawfish tails this month so we will be having crawfish ettouffee sometime next month along with more fried fish, some type of clam dish, and the rest of some frozen shrimp I already have.  Well, just writing about this has perked up my appetite so I should go work on that menu and grocery list!

No comments:

Post a Comment