Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Musing 3/7/11

Good morning,


Mmm, I have discovered the joy of my French press coffee maker!  There was a bag of organic coffee marked down at Kroger's last week so I picked it up and tried it.  Now I am a Louisiana Community Coffee drinker but this stuff was good.  It tasted to me like a bitter coffee house type of coffee, which I enjoyed.  My once a week coffee is going to be hard to stay limited to now!



What's going on in your kitchen?  We want to entertain more and have people over for meals.  So after church we invited several people from our Wednesday night Bible study for lunch.  The meal was make your own burritos based on what I've eaten at Izzo's Illegal Burrito in Lafayette, LA.  I LOVE Izzo's and it was the best place for me to eat at and be full while pregnant.  Everybody said they liked it and the only thing I will change is to serve guacamole next time.


The burrito buffet consisted of black beans & rice, steak strips, cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, salsa (fresh lacto-fermented and regular) and sauteed bell peppers, onions & mushrooms with the big tortillas to roll everything up with.  There were also some tortilla chips which were really good dipped with rice & beans and some of the cheese & salsa.  This idea is a keeper and really not that expensive for a company meal.  Stay around to see how the rest of my meals go!

No comments:

Post a Comment