Friday, March 25, 2011

What to do with Coconut Oil?

Love this coconut oil! 
Since I forgot to get any butter at the store, I had to melt some coconut oil for the brownies I was making.  Not wanting to waste the coconut oil left in the pot I had melted it in, I got to thinking about what I could do with that pot.  Sauteing something would have worked but I didn't not have anything so I just dumped some coconut milk and cocoa powder in it.  Several simmering minutes later I had hot chocolate!


Now if you have never had coconut oil in your hot beverage of choice, there is something you should know.  There will be little dots of oil floating on the top of your liquid.  I had read so many times about adding more coconut oil to your diet by using it in coffee, tea, smoothies, etc. that I finally tried it in my coffee.  Yuck!  I was not prepared for those blobs floating around.


I am still not too keen on it in my coffee but knowing what to expect does make it more palatable.  Anyway, I also had some coconut oil left in the container so I am still trying to figure out how to get it all out and what to do with it.  There is always the simple rubbing it into my hands but I was busy with other stuff. 


How would you get the last little bit out?  And what would you do with it?


Are you as obsessed with this stuff as I am?  Sometimes I feel like the father on My Big Fat Greek Wedding with his Windex because this oil cures everything! Some people do not like the "coconutty" taste but I tend to not notice it very much.  There are other kinds of coconut oil that do not have a strong flavor but this stuff works for me.

Thanks to Amazon's "subscribe and save" I get two containers of this delivered every month or so depending on how quickly I use it.  While this may not be quite as economical as purchasing a gallon at a time, it is the most convenient and budget friendly for me at this point.


Where do you get your coconut oil from?

No comments:

Post a Comment