Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Musing 1/17/11

After church on Sunday we went over to a friends house and shared a delicious meal.  My friend sauteed some onions and mushrooms to go over our steaks with a sauce she threw together and it was addictingly good.  Did I just make up addictingly?  My English professors would be appalled!  Anyway I wanted some more of the mushroom/onion goodness so I altered my usual smothered chicken recipe to incorporate.  This dish is too good not to write down so I can make it again!


Marsha's Savory Smothered Chicken (Inspired by Heather)


4 Chicken Breasts
1 package of Mushrooms
1 onion
1 bell pepper (green or red depending on preference)
Soy Sauce (I use San-J's)
Worcestershire Sauce (Use a kind that doesn't contain HFCS)
Salt & Pepper to taste.


Cook chicken breasts in butter and oil over medium heat.  While chicken cooks, saute onion. mushrooms, & bell pepper in butter with about 2 Tbs of Soy Sauce and 3 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce.  When chicken is no longer pink and veggies are soft pour veggies over chicken.  Let sit for a couple of minutes then serve!


I would have taken a picture but the husband and I devoured the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment